Although the Contributory Pension Scheme currently addresses several of the shortcomings of previous Nigerian pension schemes, current PFAs have been unable to fully address the peculiarities of the Police Force. An example is the reconciliation of police personnel data which is crucial for obtaining pension contributions from the CBN and for effective pension administration.
As a result, the Federal Government of Nigeria approved that members of The Nigeria Police Force should continue to be covered under the CPS, with a proviso that a Pension Fund Administrator be incorporated that will cater to the unique needs of the Police and by so doing, effectively manage their pension and other welfare issues such as the Group Life Assurance and Health Insurance Schemes.
NPF Pensions Limited was incorporated on 21st October 2013 with a fully paid share capital of N1 billion. The two major shareholders are; Nigeria Police Welfare Insurance Cooperative Society Ltd and Nigeria Police Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd.
NPF Pension House Plot 3820, R.B. Dikko Street, Off Shehu Shagari Way Opposite Force Headquarters Central Business District (CBD).
North-Central Regional Office:
South-East Regional Office:
North-West Regional Office:
South-South Regional Office:
North-East Regional Office:
South-West Regional Office:
NPF Pensions Ltd aimed to achieve the following broad objectives:
- To build a brand that will be the benchmark for service and trust in the pension industry through superior service delivery and adoption of best practices
- To achieve consistent capital growth and safe investment returns for our stakeholders
- To grow the fund assets under management through earning the highest possible total returns consistent with prudent levels of risk
- Create a stream of investment returns to ensure systemic and adequate funding of retirement income
- To provide convenient and accessible service to our customers through the roll-out of a cost-effective expansive branch and service center network
Our Core Values are:
We are committed to saying what we mean and meaning what we say.
Focused on performance to achieve NPFPL’s overall purpose.
Embracing the diverse cultures and points of view of our Stakeholders.
Oriented towards serving our customers’ needs and creating value.
Careful management of our Stakeholders' funds.
Adherence to professional standards at all times.